Put On The Whole Armour Of God
“Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Ephesians 6: 11-12.
As a Christian we must embrace the battle that rages in the realm of the spirit. We being mind, body, and spirit must always first trust our spirit. This is the place that God speaks to our inner soul. This spirit also moves in a realm that is more real than our natural existence. As a child we move first in body then mind. As a young adult and older, maturity has us move more in our minds first. When we mature in Jesus Christ we learn that our mind must cling to the spirit of God.
When we accept this spirit of God it gives us power in the spirit realm that can directly affect what happens in this natural world. It is no doubt our battle is not in flesh and blood. We truly battle against demonic forces beyond our natural perception. These forces oppress and possess the minds and bodies of men. The fall of mankind from the first Adam till present day times has been affected by these forces. All Evil Spirits have a mission of diluting and destroying the message of Jesus Christ through whatever means necessary. This includes killing those who preach the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Knowing that Satan and his demonic forces look to destroy the works of good, Christians, must put on the “whole armor of God”. These pieces include…The Breastplate Of Righteousness, The Shield Of Faith, The Belt Of Truth, The Shoes Of The Gospel Of Peace, The Helmet Of Salvation, and The Sword Of The Spirit.
1. The Breastplate Of Righteousness refers the a man keeping himself away from sin, therefore protecting him from death, which is the result of sin.
2. The Shield Of Faith is our protection from doubt in turn protecting us from all the lies and deception that exist in this world. Paul refers to these deceptions as “fiery darts of the wicked”
3. The Belt Of Truth is what keeps us from stumbling in our understanding of God. The bible says that we worship God in spirit and truth.
4. The Shoes Of The Gospel Of Peace refers to Gods desire that we be peacemakers. “Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.” 2 Cor. 13:11
5. The Helmet Of Salvation refers to mans choice to believe in Jesus Christ therefore securing a place for the soul(mind) in heaven.
6. The Sword Of The Spirit is the word of God. When Jesus was tempted by Satan in the wilderness, Jesus fought him by quoting the word of God.
These pieces are essential to fighting against devils. If we choose to not embrace these principles it will certainly result in a spiritual death. Spiritual death is what cuts us off from God and this is why Satan works so hard to achieve this.
Friends, trust in God in all you do. “That ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand, stand therefore.” Eph. 6:13-14